Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 29, 2021 at 5:51 am

This is a topic that is near and dear to my heart. It is my Holy discontent that our Churches spend so little time on making disciple makers. I fully support the Gospel of Multi level Marketing or what I prefer to call paying it forward. In my view, our goal as Christ Followers is to become spiritual parents and mentors for others. That’s why we say we are becoming like Christ for the sake of others. That’s our end game!

I believe the primary reason people don’t become disciple makers is that they don’t see that as their role. The Great Commission is for pastors and the staff or super Saints. Another reason is that we are too busy doing other things and we are unwilling to do what it takes to become a Disciple who disciples others. Jesus spent three years preparing His Disciples to be Disciple Makers. A final obstacle is that in order to become a Disciple Maker you must first become a Disciple. You can not lead others where you have not been. This is where many of us are stuck.

If you want to know more about becoming a Disciple that makes/mentors other Disciples, please don’t hesitate to contact me.