Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 30, 2021 at 6:03 am

We must ask ourselves: Why would Satan bother with attacking me? How is my life and work threatening his kingdom? I have wrestled with this question a lot lately. There have been times in my life when I clearly thought I was under attack. The most vivid in my memory was when I first accepted Christ. Everything seemed to fall apart. I lost my job, my dog got run over, and we really did not know how we were going to pay the mortgage or feed our children, but that was when my life in Christ really began to come together. That was when I had to put on my armor and keep on keeping on.

Right now, I am blessed beyond my wildest imagination. Does this mean that I have dropped out of the fight? I don’t think it works that way. I agree that we misinterpret spiritual warfare when we think bad things happen to us because we are not doing enough and good things happen to us because we are doing what we are supposed to do. We live in a fallen world where bad things happen to good people and good things seem to happen to bad people.

In my view, Satan did not make Epaphroditus sick because he was a threat. In my mind, the spiritual warfare is for our mind and heart. When Epaphtoditus got sick, Satan probably tried to get him to drop out of the fight. It is not what happens to us that determines wether we are a threat, but how we respond to what happens to us. For example, what if I had said as a young Christian, I did not sign up for this I am going to drop out. Where would I be now? So it is really a matter of how we respond to the good and bad things that happen to us in life. We put on the armor of God so that we can resist Satan in the bad and the good times. Does that make any sense?