Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 3, 2021 at 6:25 am

I pray everyone reading this can answer the first question with certainty. I am certain I am saved because I have accepted Jesus Christ as my savior and I know I have His Spirit living inside me.

I am also very aware of my need to measure up or as I prefer to say live into my salvation. As we have read and discussed many times the Gospel is a two part process. Acceptance of Christ is all that is required for salvation and eternal life in Heaven with God. Salvation is totally an act of Grace (unmerited favor). Therefore, no one can boast or claim favor. We have all been given an A+.

Sanctification or making Jesus Lord of you life is the second part of the Gospel. It has nothing to do with your salvation. It’s about how you choose to live your life here on earth until you die and go to Heaven or Jesus returns to take you there. It’s about becoming more like Christ for the sake of others. It’s about measuring up to or living into the A+ you have been given.

Once again God’s Grace comes into play. Jesus did not leave us alone to live into Our salvation. We have the Holy Spirit, His Spirit, to show us the way, but we have to listen and surrender to the Spirit. We also have the Bible, the Word of God, to show us how, but we have read it and obey it. As I heard a teacher say recently, the Bible is not a menu, it is a manual. This is what I think it means to grow deeper into Grace. Lord let it be so with me!