Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 6, 2021 at 6:04 am

Today’s text is one of my “life verses.” I am not a game person, so the notion of gamification doesn’t really resonate with me. What does resonate with me is to look at our life of faith through the lens of a race or an obstacle course. How I run and how I finish the course depends on how I prepare for the race.

Through this lens, I see our faith race as a marathon not a sprint. I am in it for the long haul. I also view it as a relay race in that the real goal is to pass it on and I can’t run this race alone.

With this view in mind, how can I prepare and how do I run? I think the key to preparation for this race is exercise. I need to be spiritually, mentally, and physically fit to run this race, so I need to tailor my practice to exercise these three areas of my being. I also need to cultivate relationships with the other runners, and finally I need to accept that there will be stops and starts and that occasionally I will fall down and this where today’s text comes in for me.