Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 9, 2021 at 7:05 am

Given current events, this is a very important and timely word. I am first and foremost a Christ Follower, but until my King and Lord comes to get me or I die and go to Him, I am a Christian American. I take my dual citizenship very seriously, especially my right to vote and speak freely in the public square.

As Christian Americans, we are supposed to be the salt and light of the World. We are a Holy Priesthood, ministers of God’s reconciliation, and ambassadors for Christ in America, the greatest nation on Earth. What an awesome responsibility and powerful opportunity to further the Kingdom of God on Earth as it is in Heaven.

I fear that we have given up our American Citizenship and forsaken our heavenly mission on Earth. We have lost our saltiness and we are hiding our light under a bushel basket at best or at worst we have joined the forces of darkness by our ambivalence or complicity. The results of the last election and the current direction of America testify to this fear.

How can we leverage our American citizenship for Kingdom purposes? First, we can be who we say we are and become spiritual parents and role models as we discussed yesterday. We can make Disciples and deploy them in our communities. We can speak up for Godly principals and values (God’s Word) while we still have the right to do so. We can vote for candidates that promote policies that mirror our Christian values.

I know this sounds political and I guess it is, but I can not remain silent on this issue. Many Christ Followers voted against President Trump and his administration and inadvertently (I pray) voted for Biden and policies that are antithetical to our Heavenly citizenship and role in America. We can not make that same mistake twice.