Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 13, 2021 at 5:53 am

Garbage in garbage out is another axiom that fits today’s text. I would also add that what you see determines what you think, and what you think determines how you act, and your actions determine your outcomes and your legacy. All of these sayings are warning us to guard our minds and hearts and focus on things above.

I try to control my intake and what I see by avoiding negativity and things not Godly. Turn the TV off; don’t read everything you see posted on Social media; don’t watch movies that glorify violence, sexual immorality, and sin; don’t hang out with negative or evil people, and don’t go out after midnight unless you absolutely have to. I use to tell my children, nothing good happens after midnight and all God’s people should be in bed by ten o’clock 😊.

I also try to see things with the eyes of Jesus, especially people who are very different from me. I try to view the world through a Biblical lens. I try to see the glass as half full not half empty. I am not always successful at doing all this, but the outcomes are always better when I do.