Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 15, 2021 at 6:37 am

I have known rich people who are “scarcity” people and I have known poor people that are scarcity people. I don’t think our external condition, rich or poor, is as important as our internal view of wealth or poverty. That’s why Paul could say he had learned how to be content with both.

For some rich people there is never enough. Their life is an endless pursuit of more and they could care less about those less fortunate. For some poor people there is never enough and they live their whole life as victims with a sense of entitlement expecting someone else to take care of them.

In my view, it’s not what you have, but what yo do with what you have. I believe statistics will show that as a percentage of what they have poor people actually give more than rich people, but it’s not the amount that’s important. It’s your attitude about what you have that determines abundance. I think about the widow’s mite for example, which I saw played out in Africa, a place of real scarcity, when a women came forward with her offering, a live chicken in a plastic bag. It’s all she had, but she gave out of her scarcity not her abundance. That’s the difference.

I think I am a person of abundance both externally and internally. I have learned the secret that is revealed in the next verse, which I am sure JD will explore tomorrow, and I try my best to practice radical generosity, which is another key to living a life of abundance, rich or poor. I will pick up here on my reflections tomorrow.