Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 17, 2021 at 6:10 am

Money and giving is a sensitive subject and the love of money is the root of all evil. True giving, as described by JD, is “sacrificial giving, cannot be measured in amounts, percentage or otherwise. It is the manifestation of a surrendered soul in love for God and others,” is an act of love and faith. It is freely and joyfully given. It is not an accounting transaction.

There was a time when I was sensitive about this subject, but I finally learned why I was sensitive. I was not fully surrendered. I had not reached the point where I realized it was not my money. When I finally reached the point where I could say it is all yours, my attitude changed and my giving became a love offering “a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God.” And only then did I truly experience the reality that “my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” He supplies the resources for true giving and radical generosity. True giving is a joyful benchmark in our spiritual journey. Lord may it be so with me!