Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 18, 2021 at 6:18 am

What jumped out at me is the statement, “This great gospel of the grace of God in Jesus Christ upends its enemies not by breaking down their doors but by infiltrating their minds and hearts with the love of God.” The way to defeat our enemies and make Disciples for Jesus Christ is to infiltrate their minds and hearts with the love of God. How do we do that. How do you think Paul did that with Caesar’s household while he is in chains in a Roman dungeon?

I am fairly certain that he did win them over with condemnation or judgment, or by beating them over the head with the Law. Knowing Paul, he won them by word and deed. He told them about the Grace of God in Christ and he showed them by his actions what sacrificial unconditional love looks like. He infiltrated their minds and hearts with the good news of Jesus Christ. That’s how I was won over.

When I examine my efforts to infiltrate the minds and hearts of the lost (non-believers) and my enemies, I fall short of Paul’s example. It occurs to me that I spend most of my time associating with and equipping believers to be Faithful Christ Followers, which Paul also did, but I feel something is missing when it comes to Caesar’s household. What about you?