Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 24, 2021 at 6:06 am

I have had many “Pentecostal” moments in my spiritual walk with Christ. The best way I can describe them is that they are supernatural out of body experiences. I get completely lost in these moments and feel overwhelmed and overcome by the presence of God. It is a feeling of euphoria and total alignment with Him. It does not happen all the time and I have learned that I can not predict it or control it.

It sometimes occurs during worship when I am together with other like minded believers. Most often it occurs when I am involved in serving Him, especially if I have limited resources or I am out of my comfort zone and very dependent on His Grace (stepping out on faith). For me this is when I am teaching or preaching or when I am praying. My family and those who know me well have had to endure these moments when I am overflowing 😂.

A personal word of caution as we enter into this study of receiving the Holy Spirit and a “full immersion experience.” What we seek is not just the Pentecostal moment or a spiritual high for our personal benefit and enjoyment. As Dan says, it is for our awakening and for the awakening of others. In my view, it is more important to focus on what happens in between these experiences.