Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 28, 2021 at 6:36 am

Deciding on my favorite miracle was hard. I like the ones related to fishing, eating, and turning water into fine wine. Those who know me well, will know why, but I think my favorite is the healing of blind Bartimaeus (Mark 10:46-52). What I like about this miracle account is that the man recognized who Jesus was, Son of David, and Jesus asked him, “what do you want Me to do for you.” Jesus was ready to meet him at his greatest point of need, whatever he thought that was. Then after healing the man, Jesus said, “go, your faith has made you well.” Our faith in Jesus produces miracles in our lives.

The creativity of the Holy Spirit is amazing. He uses what only you know to reach your heart. He knows your innermost thoughts and how you think and feel because he created you. There is a great book by Gary Thomas called “Sacred Pathways” that illustrates this point. In his book, Thomas identifies nine pathways that God uses to speak to us. For some it is ascetics or their senses, for others it is nature and the created order. My sacred pathway is my intellect, so the Holy Spirit speaks to me through the written word. I encourage you to find your sacred pathway and meet with Him there.