Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 8, 2021 at 7:00 am

There are Burning Bush moments or opportunities to partner with the Holy Spirit all around us. I like to call these moments “Hope Encounters” a term I learned from a Spiritual Leadership Developmet organization that I once worked with. We taught Christ Followers to look for opportunities to share the hope we have in Christ with people we encounter as we go about our daily lives.

The problem is not in having opportunities, there is an abundance of opportunities. The problem is first seeing the opportunities and then a willingness to act on what we see. Moses saw the burning bush and then he went up on the mountain to investigate. To see, we have to pay attention to those around us and then act when we see an opportunity. As a favorite Seminary professor of mine says, show up; be present; pay attention; and do what the Holy Spirit says do.

One practice that helps me do this is asking those who serve me in a restaurant or other situations how I can pray for them. This opens up all sorts of hope opportunities. Another practice is to ask people to share their story. Lord help me not to miss my Burning Bush moments today!