Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 9, 2021 at 7:32 am

Today’s text presents a consistent theme found throughout the Word of God, “one in whom is the spirit of God.” Having the Spirit of God living within us is a powerful advantage that enables us to do supernatural things in His name. Unfortunately, we don’t always recognize or release the power we have within us.

I have often pondered why this is the case. I think the first reason is that we don’t really believe it. We think only certain people are chosen to do great things for God. The same Spirit resides in us that was in Joseph. The second reason is that we rely on our own power. That’s what Joseph mean’t when he said, “it is not in me, God will give Pharaoh a favorable answer.” It is not us that does the great works.

So what is our role in releasing the power of the Spirit of God living within us? First, we have to believe it is possible. Then we have to listen and wait for Him to speak, and most importantly we have to act on what He says. Finally, we have to change our view of what is a great act. We may not be given the opportunity to interpret a dream for Pharaoh, but the opportunity to pray for someone else is just as important in God’s eyes. Speak Lord your servant is listening!