Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 15, 2021 at 6:35 am

Our spiritual journey with the Holy Spirit is like any other journey. You first must know where you want to go and then you need to know where you are in order to develop a plan to get there. We know where God wants us to go. For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy” (1Peter 1:16). He wants us to be like His son.

Before we can get there we need to know where we are. There are several spiritual assessment tools you can use to determine where you are spiritually. The Christian researcher George Barna has identified ten transformational stops on our journey that can help you answer the question for today’s reading (https://www.seedbed.com/wp-content/uploads/barna-chart.pdf). It is important to note and unfortunate that only 11% of the adult population over 18 make it past stop number 5.

I have reached the surrender and submission stop in my spiritual journey. I still struggle with control of my life. I have not fully surrendered to the Holy Spirit and even though I profess to have a profound love of God that love is not manifested in a profound love of all people. I still struggle with loving my enemies and those who persecute me. I am not at peace with everyone. I view some people as obstacles or I find their appearance and/or behavior despicable. I find it easier to love those who look like me and think like me. This is my spiritual growth point along with surrendering behaviors that distract or dissipate my focus on becoming like Christ for the sake of others. Where are you in your journey? P.S. if you think you have arrived, you are not there.