Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 18, 2021 at 6:04 am

The first thing that strikes me is that the Spirit of the Lord is the creator of all things including humankind (male and female). God is Spirit and it is through His Spirit that all things came into being.

The second thing is that we have the unbelievable opportunity to be “his vice regents and image bearers.” We were created to be stewards of the treasures of His creation. We also have the opportunity to be participants in His plan of redemption for humankind. We are re-created through Christ Jesus, the Son of God’s Spirit, to be a Royal Priesthood, ministers of God’s reconciliation and ambassadors for Christ.

However, It is important to note that we were also created with free will. We can reject our role as stewards of creation and participants in salvation either by acts of commission or omission. Notice that Dan points out that “The Spirit spoke through miracles, signs, and wonders to ancient Hebrew leaders who were humble, listening, obedient, and willing…” These are the qualities we need to model if we want to fulfill our purpose. Lord let it be so with me!