Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 23, 2021 at 5:52 am

What helps you become aware of the Helper living with you, and within you? It took me a while to learn this, but for me to be aware and hear from the Holy Spirit, I have to have silence and solitude. I have to slow down, be still, and wait for Him to speak. Reading scripture or commentary on the Word of God helps me focus, be still, be silent, and listen. Writing it down helps me remember what He is saying to me.

Over the years this has developed into a specific spiritual rhythm and a strict daily discipline. Some would call it an obsession. I prefer to call it a spiritual discipline. I have to have my quiet time first thing in the morning even if it means getting up an hour earlier. I read, reflect, and then record what I am hearing in my journal. My family and even guests in my home have learn to steer clear of me until after I have met with Him.

I have also learned that I need two other things in my life to help me hear and respond to the Holy Spirit living in me. I need to assemble with other believers for corporate worship and sound Biblical teaching on a regular basis. I also need on-going fellowship with a small group of believers who will pray for me, encourage me, and hold me accountable.