Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 26, 2021 at 6:06 am

Our union with Christ is what the world needs. Out of our union with Christ the Holy Spirit Will glorify Him in the World. Out of our union with Christ will flow love for God, love for one another, and love for others. Out of our union with Christ the fruit of the Holy Spirit will be manifested in the world. Out of our union with Christ the world will be healed and set free from the bondage and wages of sin. Union with Christ is the goal, not unity.

That is an encouraging thought given the lack of unity everywhere we look. Dan suggests, and I think he is correct, that the first step towards our union with Christ is intimacy. He then challenges us to think of one thing we can do regularly that will reinforce and maintain our intimate union with Christ. If you are not already spending time with Him on daily basis, that’s a good place to start. If you are not part of a local community of faith worshiping and serving together, that’s a good place to start. If you are not part of a small group or Home Church, that’s a good place to start. If you don’t have your James, Peter and John, a small intimate band of brothers/sisters who will pray for you and hold you accountable, that’s a good place to start.

But what if you already have all those things in your life, what is that one next thing for you? How can you become even more intimate in your relationship/union with Christ. For me, that one thing is to give myself more completely to Him. It is the same level of intimacy that exists between a man and woman who are joined in Holy matrimony and have become one flesh. It is total union of mind, body and spirit. By the way, if you are married and don’t have that level of intimacy, that’s a good place to start. Lord draw me closer to your bleeding side, so that I can see you more clearly, love you more deeply, and follow you more nearly.