Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 28, 2021 at 6:12 am

The main point of today’s Text is that there is only one Church, one Body of Christ, and one Spirit. Paul will elaborate on this point again in Ephesians 4. The only reason we have so many churches and denominations is a lack of unity in the Body, we can’t agree so we separate. I lament not whine over this fact.

The Apostle’s Creed, the most succinct statement of what we believe, says that we believe in the holy catholic church. Note that catholic is not capitalized. The word catholic in this case means universal. We believe in the one universal Church. The one Church is made up of all the faithful Christ Followers (sheep) regardless of which local church or denomination we belong to. When Christ returns He will judge the churches and gather all His sheep together into one Body again. I wish it could be that way today.

I have seen many wonderful and amazing things happen when the one Church, one Body, under the guidance of the one Spirit comes together and puts aside their differences and separate identities to focus on the mission of God and to advance the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a community. Lord let it be so with us as a church!