Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 29, 2021 at 5:47 am

The notion that the Holy Spirit empowers us with God the Father’s love is an important understanding. As Dan suggests, it keeps from focusing on signs and wonders (miracles) or the gifts of the Spirit. God is love and therefore God the Holy Spirit is love. The Greatest Commandments are to love God and love others. Love is the greatest gift we have received and the greatest gift we can give another person.

This understanding can help us see that what the world needs is the Father’s love and that we should always lead with love, but a closer examination of scripture and the whole Counsel of God’s Word reveals that God’s love is always linked to the fear of God and God’s truth. As I have said many times before, Love and truth are two sides of the same coin. God loves you just as you are (unconditional), but He loves you too much to leave you just as you are. This is where the real healing and miracles and work of the Holy Spirit come into play. We do people a big disservice, if we show them only one side of the coin.