Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 4, 2021 at 6:23 am

I would define “spiritual thirst” as an instinctive awareness of the need for relationship with God, the creator and Father of us all, and a feeling of unrest or as Pascal said, “a God shaped vacuum in your heart.” It is a sense of emptiness and a thirst that can not be satisfied with worldly water or individual effort. Only Jesus can give us the living water that fills that void within us and overflows out of us like a River to help others find the water we have found.

My testimony is an example of Jesus quenching a thirst and filling a void nothing else could fill. I had been digging broken cisterns that left me unsatisfied and desperate. I had what the world could offer, but something was definitely missing. Then I started attending a small Methodist Church with ordinary broken people just like me, but I realized they had something I did not have. They had faith in Jesus and I decided I wanted what they had and the rest as they say is history.

Now my focus is not on finding the living water. It is on releasing the living water flowing in me to overflow in love for God and others. It’s on knowing Him better and making Him known. It is not about digging broken cisterns that don’t hold water. It’s about removing anything in my life that blocks the flow. Lord let it be so with me!