Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 7, 2021 at 6:30 am

I have had many opportunities to pray for physical healing, but I have witnessed very few instant miraculous healings like Christ and His Apostles performed. I have often asked why is this the case? I know God hears our prayers and I know He is faithful, so I have reached the same conclusion that Dan does, “There are many paths through which God heals. And his timing is perfect.”

The so called physical healings that I have witnessed at prayer services and by those who claim the gift of healing are suspect and they were definitely focused on the person praying or proclaiming the healing. When God performs a miraculous healing, it is for His Glory and His purposes not ours. Prayers offered by the unrighteous or out of selfish or wrong motives are not heard, but the fervent prayers of the righteous accomplish much (James 5:16).

The physical healings that I have witnessed as a result of the fervent prayers of the righteous often took unexpected forms and happened over time. I believe God always hears the prayers of the righteous and He always answers their prayers (Proverbs 15:29). Therefore, I claim the miracle of healing even if I don’t see it. On occasion I do and it is truly miraculous and glorifies God. Sometimes, as in the case of my first love, the healing is accomplished through death and it is truly miraculous and glorifies God. My role is to confess my sin and pray for all those who need healing and to leave the healing up to God in His ways and His timing. Lord let it be so with me!