Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 8, 2021 at 6:32 am

The answer to Dan’s questions this morning is yes and yes. I have experienced supernatural gifting and I did feel that the deep love of God the Father was involved in the experience. I also sensed an alignment or oneness (deep union) with Him. I received the gifting not for me, but for the benefit of others and to serve His purposes at a particular time and place. The gift was not mine to hold and I can not call it up whenever I want to.

Today’s text is about the way of love, the “more excellent way” (1 Corinthians 12:31). Spiritual gifting definitely flows out of love, but not the world’s kind of love. As Dan says, “The Jesus-kind of love is mingled with everlasting truth—it is not sappy or sentimental, it is in accord with the essential character and reality of God.” The essential character of God is Holiness. So love that is not pure and Holy, and in alignment with God’s Truth is not the more excellent way. Love that tries to makes sin ok is not God’s kind of love.

I have said it before and I will say it again, God loves, accepts and desires a relationship with us unconditionally. He loved us even before we knew Him, while we were dead in our trespasses, and He never gives up on us. However, He loves us too much to allow us to continue to live in sin. He sent His son to show us the way of love and to pay the price for our sins. If we believe that and confess that before men, He sends the Holy Spirit to show us the way of love and truth, which is Holiness.

We do people a grave disservice when we make their sin ok in the name of love. That does not mean that we judge or condemn them or cast them out. We seek a relationship with them and we never give up on them, but we tell them the truth in love. We leave the judging up to God, the convicting up to the Holy Spirit, and we love them the way Jesus loves not the way the world does. Lord let it be so with me!