Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 10, 2021 at 6:09 am

Today’s Text and Dan’s reflections remind me of a prayer we prayed every day on my Walk to Emmaus Weeknd. We prayed for the ones who thought they needed this weekend the most and for the ones that thought they needed it the least. Both were in need of the weekend. It is the same way with our spiritual gifting, we all need to learn not to compare ourselves to others and to not think more highly of ourselves than we should. Neither position is the correct way to view ourselves and our relationship with God. It’s about walking humbly with our God in our lane.

I have taken many spiritual gift tests (inventories) over the years. They help me know how God has gifted me and to stay in my lane and not try to be someone I am not. It also helps me to allow the Holy Spirit to hone and sharpen my gift for greater service in the Kingdom. There is nothing sadder than someone trying to serve outside their gifting or someone who feels they are specially anointed to serve. Both attitudes are the result of sin.