Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 12, 2021 at 6:02 am

I think the important thing to remember about spiritual gifts and natural gifts that are anointed by the Holy Spirit is that, “All gifts from the Spirit are for our edification, and for “the common good” (1 Cor. 12:7). The gift I would like to learn more about is “distinguishing of spirits.”

We live in a very polarized time where people of good faith honestly disagree on some very important issues based on their interpretation of God’s Word. Evangelicals believe in the authority and inerrancy of God’s Word (2 Timothy 3:16). So called Progressives believe that God’s word is a matter of progressive revelation. That what Is written in the Bible must be interpreted and applied through the lens of culture and experience.

Scripture is spiritually discerned (1 Corinthians 2:14). Therefore, I think it is important to know which spirit is informing your discernment. There is only one Holy Spirit and I can’t believe He is telling one group of people one thing and another group something else entirely. We are admonished to test the Spirits (1 John 4). I want to know more about how to distinguish which spirit is informing our beliefs.