Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 13, 2021 at 6:34 am

At first, I struggled a little bit to answer today’s question, “describe a circumstance in which someone ministered to you from a place of selflessness and compassion?” For most of my life in the local church my focus has been on serving and ministering to others, but upon deeper reflection I could recall many circumstances in which I was being ministered to from a place selfless compassion.

The most vivid times were when I was stressed or burned out and needed a kind word or a reminder of who is in control and what He has promised to do for those that love Him and called according to His purposes (Romans 8:28). Then there were those dark nights of the soul or when I suffered from failure or some great loss. Their were people that lifted me up and restored my soul with a selfless compassion. Those people used their individual gifts to meet my need.

The big take away from today’s text and the key to the manifestation or use of the spiritual gifts both in the local body and as we go out into the world is selfless compassion. That makes all the difference in the world. The gifts are not for or about us. They are not for show or a performance. Let’s tear down our stages. They are for building up one another in the Body to full maturity and equipping us to reach out to a lost and broken world. Lord let it be so with me!