Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 18, 2021 at 6:05 am

The take away for me this morning is that knowledge of God’s Will comes from wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives. It is not something we can obtain. It is something we must receive. Those that think they are wise and have understanding are really foolish (Proverbs 26:12).

So how do we receive wisdom and understanding? I think Dan says it well, “ If we want to receive all the Holy Spirit has to give, we should learn to love the words of Proverbs 2:1-6: “My son [or daughter], if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom, and applying your heart to understanding—indeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.” Once again we return to humility and acceptance of Scripture (God’s Words) and His Commands as the primary prerequisite for wisdom and knowledge of God’s Will. Lord let it be so with me!