Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 20, 2021 at 6:31 am

During my eschatological (a branch of theology concerned with the final events in the history of the world or of humankind) phase, I was very focused on the future of humanity and the end times. I felt compelled to inform and warn people about the details of the future. I read all the commentaries, studied all the different viewpoints, and I taught lengthy Bible studies on the Book of Revelation.

All that is important to know, but now I focus on the present knowing that my future is secure. I know I can face tomorrow, whatever that may bring, because He lives. Instead of fretting over the details, I spend my time helping others get to know Him before they need Him and to be ready when He comes. As the old gospel song says, I have read the last chapter in the book and I know who wins.

Recently, the Holy Spirit has reminded me of that over and over again. I find it both encouraging and motivating. It has given me a sense of urgency, expectation and boldness that I believe we have lost since the first coming of Christ. I sense a Great Awakening coming as we get closer to His return.