Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 22, 2021 at 6:25 am

There is a lot in Today’s Text and Dan’s reflections. I encourage you to read the entire 73rd Psalm. I struggle with maintaining a Godly perspective, but I am glad to be reminded that “all those who struggle are not lost.” Verse 26 speaks of this, “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever” (NASB).

I struggle with maintaining God’s perspective of me, my life, and especially those around me that are profoundly different. No, I am not talking about race, which seems to be the big divide today. I am not talking about those that don’t look like me with their tattoos, piercings, purple hair and weird, from my perspective, clothes. I can with the help of the Holy Spirit see past all that. I am talking about people who have a different worldview, especially those who profess to be Christ Followers.

I really need God’s perspective in dealing with these people in my life. My first reaction, is to consider them as the wicked in our midst and some of them are just that, but when I enter into God’s sanctuary, I hear Him saying something different. He tells me that they have been deceived and blinded by the world and that I need to pray for them and do all I can to gently and lovingly show them the truth. I know what to do, I am still working on the how. Lord let it be so with me!