Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 24, 2021 at 6:33 am

I need spiritual energy to keep on keeping on even when it seems that nothing is working and all my efforts are just vanity and blowing in the wind (Ecclesiastes 2:11). My efforts are just that, but with the power of faith in Him I can persevere. I am only responsible for being faithful to Him and my calling. He is responsible for the results. I find that liberating and it gives me the spiritual energy I need to stay the course.

I think it is also important to remember what Dan says in his reflection on Paul’s prayer for the Ephesians, “We are being energized to experience change and love, in order that we might become agents of change and love in the world. The latter follows the former. We are being changed to change, loved to love.” We are being energized by His Spirit for a purpose. We are to be change agents, but first we must experience change and the love of God before we can pass it on.

Unfortunately, we sometimes try to skip this part. That’s why Jesus spent three years with His disciples before He sent them out. Discipleship takes time. A once a week worship service and a six week Bible study or a weekend retreat will not get the job done. Discipleship is a systematic on-going process not a program or activity.