Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 26, 2021 at 6:42 am

How can you take up the sword of the Spirit for today’s offensive mission Is a great question. We have studied how to use the gifts and the fruit of the Spirit to help and heal ourselves and others, but how do we wield the sword of the Spirit for today’s offensive mission. What is today’s offensive mission?

I believe it is to stand firm on the truth of God’s Word in a sea of lies. It is to have a Biblical Worldview and stand up for the truth of God’s Word even if it means being canceled by today’s “woke” secular culture.

How we use the sword of the Spirit (The Word of God) is important. I have seen people use the Word offensively to attack, judge, condemn, and hurt or even kill others. That does not fit with the whole counsel of God’s Word. The Word is offensive to the world itself, so we don’t have to be offensive in our use of it. Dan refers us 1 John 3:8, but I encourage you to read the whole chapter.

Having read and listened to the Holy Spirit, I have concluded that we use the Sword of the Spirit offensively not to attack or hurt, but to heal and set the captives free by practicing righteousness, speaking the Truth, and loving one another. The Word that became flesh, the Living Word, will take care of everything else. What do you think?