Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 29, 2021 at 6:02 am

Today’s question is an easy one. We just finished a short study of the early Church in Acts. The story that inspired me the most was in Acts 5 where the Apostles had been jailed for teaching and preaching about Jesus the Christ. An angel of the Lord freed them and they went right back to the Temple and started teaching the people again. They dragged them before the Council (Sanhedrin) and ordered them to stop. Peter and the Apostles stood up and said “We must obey God rather than men” (5:29). They flogged them severely and ordered them not to speak in the name of Jesus. And what do you think they did? Verse 42 tells us that “every day in the Temple and from house to house, they kept right on teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.”

This story and many others from Church History inspire me to keep on sharing the good news of Jesus Christ no matter what the government or religious authorities say. I have never been thrown in jail or flogged for sharing my faith, although that day may come. I just hope and pray that by the power of the Holy Spirit I will have the courage to rise to the occasion as these early Disciples did.