Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 6, 2021 at 6:34 am

I came to the realization that I was sinner not because I was a particularly bad person, but because I realized I did not have Christ in my life and therefore I was dead spiritually in my trespasses and my life had no meaning or purpose, and no direction. I made that confession publicly and joined the Church on profession of faith. I totally understand and accept that “We aren’t sinners because we sin. We sin because we are sinners. We are born into sin. Sin is the fundamental corruption common to every person.” That’s why I don’t believe in degrees of sin or sin self-management. The only remedy for this terminal condition is to believe in Jesus and to experience new birth in Him, which is our spiritual re-birth.

I believe that there is a third category of people other than those that went through a difficult trial or crisis or really screwed up their lives. These are the people who profess to be Christ Followers, but feel no sense of urgency to grow spiritually. They know they are saved and are content with where they are spiritually. They are active in the church and are serving by doing works of piety. They have not reached a point of Holy discontent, which is a different kind of crisis. I have concluded that they are either not who they think they are or they have fallen a sleep and need to be awakened to a deeper understanding of the Gospel.