Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 11, 2021 at 6:16 am

Bob’s declaration, “the second half rests in what Christ does “in” us. The old self died at Calvary. We just need to wake up and see we are resurrected in Him” resonates with me because I firmly believe that the new life we have in Christ is all about what He has done and is doing for us. The Christian life is all about Him and I can do nothing apart from Him (John 15:5).

The only issue I have with this declaration and the whole concept of “awakening” to the reality of our new birth is that when we are born again, we are just infants in Christ. Just like our physical birth our spiritual birth goes through stages of growth and maturity. What we need to wake up to is that many of us are still spiritual infants or children at best. We can’t feed ourselves and we are not potty trained.

Yes the Gospel of salvation is finished, but the Gospel of sanctification is an ongoing process of spiritual formation into adulthood and faithful followers of Christ whose lives are hidden in Him. What many of us need to do is grow up. That starts with knowing where you are in your walk with God. The Ten Transformational Stops we studied earlier this week can help you with that. There are also other Spiritual Assessments available that can help you understand your spiritual maturity or lack of maturity. If you want more information on these instruments, just let me know.