Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 22, 2021 at 6:48 am

There is no doubt in my mind that love is the core of the Gospel and that love is the more excellent way (1 Corinthians 12:31). What I resist is those who try to make God’s love into an excuse for living in sin. The core of the Gospel is both love and truth. It is not a “soft gospel or as some kind of naive emotional tribute to a fluffy idealism.” Just because God’s Grace has canceled my sin and I am no longer subject to judgment or condemnation by God, that does not give me a license to continue to sin or sin even more so that Grace would abound (Romans 6:1-2). God’s Truth (His word) still applies.

God’s love, which is unconditional and sacrificial, is actually the only pathway to holiness and purity, and a profound love of others. Our Christ likeness in the world and our obedience to His commands and His ways grows out of this relationship. loving God profoundly and being in a loving union (marriage) with Him results in you no longer practices sinning (1 John 3:6-10). If you continue to knowingly sin and say you are without sin, you make God a liar. When you unknowingly sin, and you will, you have a remedy in confessing your sins (1 John 1:9-10). Lord let it be so with me!