Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 24, 2021 at 6:24 am

The word “receive” jumps out at me in today’s text, reflection, and prayer. The second part of the Gospel is about receiving what has already been given in the first part of the Gospel. And Now is the time to do it, not later after you have perfected it, which you can’t do. “Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” You have been given a passing grade; it is done; it is finished; now is the time to accept it and live it out.

The challenge, which is what I believe JD means by this is not a one and done proposition, but a done and won, done and won, done and won proposition, is to live it out over and over again or as I like to put it one day at a time. You receive it once, “perfected and yet being transformed with ever increasing glory, from one degree of glory to another (2 Corinthians 3:18). This means we are being formed into the likeness of Christ, the glory that God has given to Him and He has given to us (John 17: 20-23) one day at a time. This is why the second half of the Gospel is done and won and is both being and doing. He is the perfect or of our faith, if we will just receive it and live it out over and over again by doing what He says. I hope this makes sense.