Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 25, 2021 at 6:41 am

Since for most of my life in Christ I have been engaged in teaching, first in adult Sunday School, then in Small Groups and now in Disciple Formation Groups and Home Church Groups, I have to ask myself did I teach this? The answer is I did, but not in the same way it has been presented here as being in two distinct parts. I presented the Gospel as one seamless process of being a Christian. Much of what I taught I learned from studying the Scriptures myself and reading what others had to say about salvation and sanctification. I am not “seminary” or professionally trained.

For me, my Holy Discontent is not that it has not been taught, but that it has not been caught. I saw this in my own life and in the life of my fellow Christians. I suddenly realized that we weren’t getting it because I did not see any evidence of real life change. That’s when I began to focus more on the second part of the Gospel and the deeper journey in my own life and the lives of others. I am learning more about what it really means to put off the old self and put on the new self and I am trying to share that with others.