Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 26, 2021 at 7:02 am

Do I understand what God has freely given me? Yes, he has given me salvation and eternal life (part 1) and He has given me a new life in Christ (part 2). I am a child of God. I accept this as a my new identity and my new reality by faith. It is all there for me, all I have to do is walk in it. The question for me is why don’t I walk like this all the time?

I like the way JD puts it, “This is the meaning of moving in faith. It is to move from a transactional approach to a transcendent one. It is not, “I do this so you will do that.” No, it is, “You did that, now I can do this.”” The word transcendent means “of God existing apart from and not subject to the limitations of the material universe.” What we have is not of this world. We can do this!

Again I have the same question, I know I can do this, so why don’t I just do it? I think it has to do with focus and keeping our eye on “the prize of the upward calling of God in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:14). In this world, especially today, we can easily get distracted and loose focus. So what do we have to do to maintain focus? For me, I have learned that I have to spend more time in loving union with Him (being) surrendering and submitting to His will only (doing).

This does not mean I have to become a monk and live in a monastery. I can live life fully and have other relationships. I just can’t put anything before Him, let anything distract or separate me from Him, and I have to live in accordance with His Will nothing more, nothing less. Lord let it be so with me!