Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 27, 2021 at 7:00 am

JD covers a lot of ground and asks a lot of important questions from today’s text. What struck me is that he says, “the Bible only speaks of two ages: the “present evil age” and “the age to come.” Jesus says, “The time is fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the Gospel” (Mark 1:15, NASB). The age to come is here, but we act like we are stuck in present evil age. Why is that?

I think it is because we are so far removed from what the early church believed and did that we have merged the Church into the evil age. There is more of the World in the Church than the Church in the World. We have compromised the Gospel and lost our saltiness. We need to wake up, become aware, repent and believe in the Gospel, and proclaim it.

What does that look like. Read the rest of Jesus’s Sermon and His teachings and you will get a pretty good idea. We need to realize that the rulers of this age are not only clueless they are for the most part evil. They are on a path that goes no where at best and straight to hell at worst and we need to quit following them. The mature in the Church need to rise up and “declare God’s wisdom,” which is revealed and fulfilled in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If that means civil disobedience then so be it.

I know this sounds harsh and I started to delete it, but my heart is broken over what is going on in our country and the world and I am deeply disturbed by the Church’s response or lack there of.