Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 30, 2021 at 6:32 am

I guess I got ahead of JD with my reflections/criticism of daily devotionals yesterday. Regardless of what you call them, JD is right, daily devotionals or any of the other spiritual practices do not make you a mature Christ Follower. They are not an end in and of themselves. They are a means to an end. So where is the Beef 🥩?

I can resonate with JD’s four food groups: Word, Spirit, Church, and Kingdom. His symbiotic (abiding) coupling of Word and Spirit, and Church and Kingdom also fits nicely into the concept of a two part Gospel, but I find this a little too churchy or academic even for me. There is no doubt that these are the basics, but I still want to hear more about the application. How do we transition from information to revelation. How do move from transactional faith to transformational faith.

I keep coming back to brokenness, surrender and submission. I keep reminding myself that transformation and spiritual formation is the work of the Holy Spirit not my vain attempts to make myself righteous (part one) or mature (part two). I could say more about these, but I think I will wait and see where JD takes us next. If you are tracking with this, I would love to hear what you think or just comment with a simple yes to let me know you are still with us. Shalom and Blessings.