Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 2, 2021 at 6:29 am

I think it has been said before, but Holy Discontent (dissatisfaction) is the hinge on which the door to the Second Part of the Gospel swings open. Acknowledging that you are not where you need to be; that there is something missing; that there is more to the Christian life than affirming a particular set of beliefs, being active in church, and adopting a certain pattern of behavior (Mulholland, 2006) is the first movement into the deeper water.

I became dissatisfied with my behavior after I became completely burned out doing church work instead of the work of the church. The gravity of my old self was not lessening. I realized that despite all my church work, I was not the man God created me to be. This marked the beginning of my deeper journey into life in the Spirit. This began the movement from just believing and belonging to being and doing. This began the shift from being a Disciple to being a Disciple Maker and Spiritual Mentor. My greatest desire is to become not just like Christ, but one with Him, so that His living water will flow freely and fully out of me to others (profound love of God, profound love of others). So let it be written, so let it be done!