Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 7, 2021 at 6:34 am

The thirst and empty promise that leads me away and entices me is the idea that I can have control over my life and the lives of others and that I can please or fix other people’s problems. I am a control freak and a people pleaser (Fixer). The water I draw from only leaves me disappointed, dissatisfied, and desperate. My brokenness is the realization and humble acceptance that I can’t control myself or fix myself, let alone anyone else.

I understand and believe that my delight and devotion is found in dependence on Jesus and the Living Water that He freely offers me. I know the pathway to this Living Water is my total surrender and submission (obedience). This where I am stuck in my walk. I know all this, but I am still trying to make it happen with my own water, leaning on my own understanding and power.

What’s helping me get unstuck is receiving and drinking His water (being) and just letting it flow through me (doing) to others He places in my life. I am beginning to realize that I am the conduit not the source, His water is the real thing. The more I surrender and submit the stronger the flow becomes. Lord let me only thirst for your water; let me draw my water (power) from a well that I didn’t dig; and let me share it freely with others, as the women in today’s text did, so that they may thirst no more! So let it be written, so let it be done.