Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 8, 2021 at 6:35 am

My response to today’s text is similar to yesterday, my Holy Discontent, my dissatisfaction, my biggest distraction is my own labors and striving after my goals and agenda in life. Today’s scripture is one that I quote quite often when my efforts lead to disappointment. I feel like I have accomplished little and it seems like everything is “meaningless and chasing after the wind.”

First, that is not always the case. When my efforts (being) are in line with my gifts, my measure of faith, and His Will for me, everything is not meaningless and my efforts (doing) bears fruit, and I can see progress. I said yes a long time ago. I have not completely mastered saying no to the world’s distractions and I have not fully surrendered control, but I am learning to submit and flow with the Spirit.

Secondly, I don’t believe saying yes and waking up is a one time event. Oh how I wish it was. I wish that when I said yes nearly fifty years ago, I had been fully changed and made Holy and pure right then. Waking up and sanctification requires real change in order to be transformed from one degree of glory to another (2 Corinthians 3:18). Real change requires a daily commitment of our time and effort. I hope that we will deal more with this on our journey together.