Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 14, 2021 at 6:42 am

Right now, the weight that threatens to take me down is the current circumstances in our Country and the Church, otherwise I am too blessed to be depressed or distressed. However, I know that there will come a time of despair when I feel the weight of the world crushing in on me. I have been there before and I know what to do when the waves start crashing over me and I feel buried by the weight of it all.

This is when deep calls to deep. This is when I call on my faith and the knowledge that what He has done before, He will do again. The depth of my despair is pitted against the depth of His love and there is no contest. This is when I stand on the promises of God and proclaim as the Psalmist does, “Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again – my Savior and my God” (Psalm 42:11, NLT).

In other words, I will praise Him in the midst of the storms of life. Where does that kind of faith come from? It comes from having more than a superficial relationship with Him. It comes from Deep calling to Deep. My fear is that many have not grown deep in their faith and that they will not be ready when the storms come and that they will be swept away by waves of despair and desperation. Lord help me to know you more deeply and to make you known more deeply by others!