Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 16, 2021 at 5:44 am

When Jesus gave up His Spirit on the Cross, the veil or curtain separating the Holy of Holies in the Temple of God on earth was ripped open from top to bottom (Matthew 27:50-51). The significance of this event is often lost on non Jews and modern day believers. This meant that everyone now has access to the most Holy God through Jesus Christ. He is now the curtain and the only thing that separates mankind from God the Father. No one can see God unless they enter His presence through Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God.

For those who believe in Jesus it goes a step further, as Matt points out in his reflection. When we accept Christ and are born again, we become living, breathing, and moving temples of God (1 Corinthians 3:16). Like our new identity as Children of God this changes everything. We become the Holy of Holies in which the living God resides. We are ministers of his reconciliation and ambassadors for Christ everywhere we go. So not only has our identity changed, our purpose and reason for being has changed. The realization and acceptance of this should change our behavior and increases our dependence on He that lives within us, for apart from Him we can do nothing. Lord let it be so with me!