Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 17, 2021 at 6:42 am

The very meaning of faith goes beyond all other forms of knowledge. “Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen” (Hebrews 11:1, NASB). What I think Paul is praying for is that we be rooted and established in faith that surpasses and is not dependent on knowledge. Our Christian beliefs are based on Faith in the love of God expressed through Christ and the Word of God. We don’t have to prove it or defend it. It speaks for itself through our experiences in Christ that are more than we can ever imagine.

I have experienced God on many occasions in a way that goes beyond all worldly forms of knowledge. These supernatural experiences deny explanation and usually occur when I have exhausted all my abilities, hence the idea of dependence versus independence. They usually take the form of miraculous provision, protection or healing, especially when I am in alignment with His Will and purposes for me (Romans 8:28).

On one occasion God literally held back the passing of a Kidney Stone for two weeks until I could complete His assignment for me. On many occasions He has made provision for me when I could not see any way that things were going to work out. On several occasions He has taken over my mouth (if you can believe that) and has spoken for me. The words just flowed and I had no control. It was like an out of body experience. Faith surpasses our knowledge or understanding. Lord let me lean not on my own knowledge or understanding (Proverbs 3:5). Let me be firmly and deeply rooted and established in Faith in you!