Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 18, 2021 at 6:43 am

The issue that I have always wrestled with concerning this text is, what does surrender actually look like? I get the fact that the “battle is the Lord’s,” but does surrender to the Lord mean inaction. As I have said before you can be on the right track and still get run over if you just sit there. The battle is the Lord’s and He has actually already won it, but until I die and go to heaven or He comes to take me there to be with Him, I am still in the fight. I still have to face the giants in my life.

The big difference is that I am no longer in this fight alone. He is with me until the end of the age. Secondly, I have new armor and weapons to defeat my giants (Ephesians 6:10-17). I have also a new strategies in the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). So, I am not sure if I totally agree with Matt that “our place is hiding behind Saul’s or David’s brother, too afraid to even step onto the battlefield.” I think we step on the battle field everyday and we face our giants head on standing with Jesus. In that sense, we truly are just stones in His sling.