Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 20, 2021 at 6:22 am

The first sentence of Matt’s reflection says it all in my experience, “It’s important to realize that Daniel did not pray because it was his last resort. He prayed because it was his first priority. He didn’t pray because there was nothing else he could do, but because it was what “he had always done before.” Daniel developed the Holy Habit of prayer before he needed it. He had developed a personal spiritual rhythm as a first priority in his daily life long before his captivity and it had sustained him through many other trials and tribulations.

There is no way to get around this and if you haven’t done this then this is step one, stop one, ripple one for you on your quest for a deeper spiritual life and walk with God. To do otherwise is to constantly be closing the gate after all the cows are out.

Fortunately, seeking God is my first response in good and bad times. I developed this practice many years ago. I always look to Him first and I am totally dependent on Him except when I choose to ignore Him or disobey Him and that rarely ends well. If this is not where you are, then start today and continue doing it no matter what until it becomes a habit, your first response to everything, so that you can move on to the weightier matters of the Faith and a deeper journey with Jesus.