Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 21, 2021 at 6:31 am

There is no doubt in my mind that the only way forward from dissatisfaction, Holy Discontent, into a deeper relationship with God is dependence. As today’s Text and Matt’s reflection assert, dependence on, following God, requires that we “be strong and very courageous.” However, there is another admonition in this Text that Matt fails to address. I find this all too common in today’s seeker friendly culture. It is important to note, in my mind, that the Text goes on to say, “be careful to obey…” Obedience, surrender and submission, is the other requirement for a deeper journey.

I am not talking about a legalistic false religion or strict adherence to a set of rules and regulations. I am referring to walking in the light and staying on the path that God has laid out for us. I am talking about not becoming distracted by the world or the latest religious fad. I talking about staying focused on Jesus and not straying left or right as many Christians are doing today. And that is, as Paul Harvey use to say, the rest of the story. Lord help me be both strong and courageous, and obedient!