Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 22, 2021 at 5:42 am

What is good about God? My first thought was everything. His awesome Grace and that He died for us before we were born and has given us eternal life. His loving kindness, faithfulness, forgiveness and mercy that knows no bounds. His protection and provision that is always with us. His wisdom and His Word that guides and order our steps. The depth and breadth of His love is hard for us to comprehend, but it is easy to delight in.

Then I thought about that He has also given my life meaning and purpose. He has chosen us as a Royal Priesthood and ministers of His reconciliation. We are partners and joint heirs with His Son in establishing His Kingdom on Earth as it is in Heaven. He has gifted us with natural abilities and spiritual gifts and He has placed His power within us to glorify Him and accomplish His purposes.

Finally, as Matt notes, He went first. He has shown us all we need to know in order to delight in Him and others. All we have to do is follow His lead and go first. Think about that the next time you are having a hard time delighting in or loving someone. You go first! Lord let it be so with me!