Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 1, 2021 at 5:54 am

1 John 4:18-19 – Profound Love of Others

Perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment. Because of God’s profound love for us, He has taken on Himself the punishment for our sin, which is eternal death and He has given us eternal life in His Kingdom. Our profound love of others grows out our belief and faith in Him and our profound love for Him. The love of others is the ultimate measure of our love for Him and of our spiritual maturity. That is a really sobering, awakening, alarming metric, when you really believe it and let it sink in. You can have everything else, but if you lack profound love of others, you have missed it all (Luke 18:18-27).

As far as fear in my community is concerned, I have three communities that I live in, the local church, my community of residence, and my country. I believe the greatest fear in my local community of faith comes from striving to please everyone and to not make anyone uncomfortable. The perfect love of Jesus should make you uncomfortable. If it doesn’t, the message has probably been watered down. We are not here to please everyone we are here to be living torches lighting the way, the Kingdom Way.

The greatest fear in my community and my country is loss of power and control. We as citizens and believers have allowed God to be removed from power and control. The perfect love of Jesus could restore God to His rightful place, but this will require prayer, repentance, boldness and courage on the part of citizen believers.